Sunday, April 13, 2008

On the road again...




is what we will be singing, over and over again! We are SO excited to show the birth of our newest edition to the family! We had such a blast at the beach during Spring Break that Luke and I finally, after much dilberation over the years to buy a TRAILER. We had been contemplating one for a while now and have gone through a few of different sorts to get a "feel" if you will to the different types out there. We finally chose the one that will grow with our family and we will not need to upgrade any time in the future. It seemed like an opprotunity that we would be silly to not explore and are so excited to bring the boys on trips, and have memories as a family! The three older boys and Luke had their first outing in the front yard friday night and that was perfect for them. It has been extra hot and the boys turned the fan on to the a/c and Luke then turned the A/C on and blew the breaker! What fun it was to see my dear sweet Husband finding the right switch and fixing it all himself ;).
To keep our littlest Draper in the backyard with our new addition we needed to build a fence that would A) keep him contained, B) cover our trash cans from the view of the street (stupid city rules), and C) keep the neighbor kids out of the yard (and line of sight during swim season). LOVE it and wished we would have done it years ago. Because I am a mean mom/neighbor and hate it when the backyard family pool becomes the neighborhood hangout pool; and I really hate it when poor little kids with their towels, and hot faces are staring at me wanting to swim, and me not wanting to watch them! I mean they are NOT my children and the parents aren't exactly willing to sweat in the heat to watch their kids, and I am ONE person trying to relax and watch MY OWN children. So yes mean mean me is so excited that we now have a fence big enough and strong enough to keep the kids at either side of the fence! (before) (after)
Help me Mom's with pools am I bad? Or just smart, Luke doesn't care who, what, when, where people are swimming, and has THE biggest heart for the kids while I don't. I don't mind family, and I don't mind parties, but I swear that as soon as any neighbor kid hears the sound of skin on water they flock to our house in no time flat! Sorry about my rant, I am just excited and well mean! Enjoy the pics ~m

7 comments:

Momma J said...

i don't care if there is one friend at a time and we're already out there, but unless you're watching your own kids, scoot! i'm not volunteering myself to be the neighborhood babysitter as i've got enough of my own to watch. i love your trailer. does it come with a maid or is it self cleaning? hehe

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

SWEEEEET! Looks like so much fun for you guys....I'll pass unless they start making a model with a holding pen complete with soundproof walls to put the kids in on the trip there! And your new fence is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L not only for legal reasons (all those kids have parents that will hold you responsible should their kid get hurt)but who the heck wants an audience when you're in a swimsuit??

Pollock Palooza said...

Okay my cousin got a trailor a few years ago and have well gotten their money out of it already. Great choice and awesome trailor you got! I agree with the fencing though AND you never want to have some kid drownd in your pool... especially when you don't even know the kids name! Love the new fence!

Kristi said...

That is soooo coool! you're scaring me about kids coming over to play in the pool. Although down here a lot of people have pools and they can swim in their own back yards, right?

Audrey said...

Love the trailer, love the fence. I am seriously impressed, and you can tell Luke. Awesome job. And really, you, a mean mom? HA. I second the whole "who wants an audience when you're in a swimsuit" comment. You should be able to swim when YOU want to swim and not feel guilty about it!

And since you have such a roomy trailer that can go anywhere, I think you should plan a weekend get away for a bunch of moms! I'll start the registration list:
1. Audrey
2.
3.
4.

The Smith Family said...

The fence looks GREAT! Boy, we miss CA where EVERYONE has a fence. We have 2 of our sides of our backyard fenced and we're hoping to use ol' Pres. Bushy's check to fence the rest this summer...our neighbors (on the unfenced side) have already told us that they "don't like fences" which we find odd....I guess it's just a Cali thing! I miss that, and swimming pools for sure! The trailer looks like lots of fun--that's MY idea of how to go camping! A comfy bed, a fridge and a microwave!:) Awesome! Fun times for your family!

H+B Jackson said...

I am #2 on the sign ups for a mom trip!!! Yay for your trailer! I cant wait to come see the fence and swim in your pool! I remember how warm it gets...that will be good for Charly! Uh, no mel...you are not mean!!! You are stinkin amazing! You know when enough is enough and their parents need to come watch their own sweaty kids!