Monday, November 17, 2008

7 dirty little secrets

  1. I have been married 3 times, sealed once and all before I was 30 years old!

I married and divorced Richard, a year later we re-married, and then became a widow a few months later. I went to the temple and was inspired to wait to be sealed and that a loving man would take me and my sons to the temple. Two and a half years later, I met and married Luke, after an amazing, short, whirlwind courtship! We have been married now over 5 years and sealed for just over one! (still not 30 years old!)

2. Girls don't like me!

I don't understand why little girls don't like me, they are cute, and sweet, and I LOVE their clothes, I can talk to them, but they just don't like me! I have nieces whom I adore, and I LOVE audie's girls, but....

I love little babies, and want to hold each and every one of them, I really could careless of whom or what they are, I just want to hold them, and then give them back after I get my fix....

3. (and I could really care less)

I get the heebie geebies when it comes to changing them, if I am watching a girl, (few and far between)and they are in a diaper, I really have to get up the guts to change the blasted things! When I change a diaper, it is quick swipe swipe with a boy, but with a girl....it is not, and I don't like to have diapers open for that long, so I need to prep myself for quite a while.... I will babysit a girl, but ONLY on an EMERGENCY basis, and perferably if she is OUT of diapers!

4. My feet need to breathe

When I read rebecca's list I was laughing uncontrollably because I to, have an issue with my feet. I LOVE flip flops, sandals, and I have a permanante tan line from my days of wearing birkenstocks constantly throughout highschool. In the winter they are frozen little icesickles and yet I still have the need to let the frozen pops breathe, toe socks was my answer they are horribly ugly and not in the slightest fashionable, but my feet can breathe and I am more apt to go for comfort than fashion, so toe socks indeed. I also need to let them breathe if I get too hot in bed and I just let them hang in and out of the blankets to keep my temperature perfect for sleeping requirements. My dear sweet husband lets me "warm me feet" on cold winter nights as he weeps and wails(lovingly) at how on earth something can be so cold and yet the rest of me is so warm.....Let me tell you honey I have no idea other than that they have a mind of their own!

5. I require a party in the mouth

I know a dead giveaway to this is my ever increasing waist size but I. Love. Food. I love to watch it be cooked, smell it being cooked, imagine it being cooked, I even love to cook, the other side of this love is to eat the final product. My punch line has always been "party in my mouth" and honestly I require such things when I eat. I would much rather NOT eat than eat something that is not appealing to the senses. I eat healthy, but a lot and a dessert is always on my mind.

When I was younger and just barely a mom I was VERY poor and didn't always get to eat, but did watch pbs cooking on saturday mornings, I then would call my single father at the time and told him that if HE would BUY the food, then I would COOK the food! It was a marriage of loneliness, mine for the ability to accuire the ingredients on my own and his, being lonely. I love my dad! Even now when Luke takes the boys somewhere for the day he comes home to a mass food frenzy, so that I can stock my shelves and freezer of homemade goodness. I LOVE to cook, I just can't stand the "I'm hungry's and "is it done yet's" and the constant in and out's of the STARVING children who come in and out of MY kitchen to try to beg and pleed for a morsal. It to me is therapy of sorts and I love to try new things, my favorite food by far is THAI and Luke is so happy to have met and marry me, because he found Thai food and now his life is full. I wish I loved to exercise as much as I love to eat, and am trying to find a love for it, trying counts right?!

This is some hard stuff

6. I can't sleep anymore

When I was younger I could sleep anywhere and everywhere, but for the last few years I haven't had a full nights sleep, without the help of a little pill from Heaven. I want to sleep so bad, but just can't!

7. I LOVE school

I wish that I could be a full-time student, a professional student, a student who 's career is being a student. I love to learn and accuire more information about things and I was in a rut for so long, because I wasn't going to school! Now that I am in school I realized that I want to go for as long as I can, and still be a wife, mom, nurse, and learn and grow academically as well, I really would love to be a P.A. or a N.P. and time is on our side, Hopefully this love of medicine will be one for the distance. I do however Hate poop, and would like to stay away from that at any cost!

Okay that took me forever to think of and so I pick Audrey, Kristi C. and Julia, because you guys never have anything better to do ....right?

1 comment:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Hmm...you'll have to let me know about your bedtime pill. And I do the flip flop thing too, but I'm trying to phase them out since I really do think that they are ugly (and yet SOO easy!) Roger hates them, but Birks? Oh man, that would be grounds for divorce ;) I'm with you on the food thing too, although I'm thinking that that must come with getting older because it's only been in the last few years. And my clothes are not thanking me.