Today has been seven years, a lifetime ago really; the memories and feelings are there, not so much in depth as they were after it happened, but there. The saddness of a life lost is hard. Harder for me to think for my two sons who will never meet or remember their Biological father. Luke IS their father in every sense of the word, just not biologically. I am lucky enough to not know the true sense of loosing a parent so far in my life; but I do know the sheer agony of the loss of a spouse, and hopefully I can always share that with my sons. The love that I have for their father, the memories, and the love I know he had for them during his life.
I hope and pray that all four of my sons will grow up and know their potential, their greatness; and never question it, never stray, never wander into destruction, because they KNOW the pain it leaves. However many know that pain and still choose to go the same route. How does a parent teach their children if not by example and lessons and yet the choice is still theirs.They still have the GOD given right to choose between good and evil.
I hope that despite my strenghts and/or weaknesses that my children will know that they are loved unconditionally, valued as beings from our Father in Heaven, and cherished beyond measure. That they may never go a moment in their lives doubting their worth and always feel the presence of their Heavenly Father.
I also know that because of life's trials we in fact become better, stonger people who can in turn give a aknowledgement to others who are feeling the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment